Monday, July 19, 2010

dear summer, I know you gon' miss me

I've been trying to figure out how and why this has been one of the best summers of my life pretty much against all odds.

Let me start by explaining why this summer should suck:

For starters, i'm stuck inside working all day almost every day- about 50 hours a week, I honestly don't know how I'm still awake (or even alive). On top of this, I come home to an empty house every night, when I'm used to living with 4 other girls and having lots of places to go and people to see. On top of this, the only vacation I get is long weekends and trips home to London now and then. In the mean time, my sister and mom are visiting Portugal and France while my other sister is moving out to the West Coast to start over-- all while I'm stuck in Waterloo working-- with no air conditioning.

While you would think this would make for a pretty boring summer, mine has been anything but. I have been lucky enough to make so many amazing new friends and get to know other friends much much better! Having a car definitely helps when it comes to making plans and doing fun things and being legal this summer has made a huge difference as well! I am so glad that I got a coop in Waterloo... everything is so convenient and living alone has actually turned out to be much better than I thought it might be.

So even though I work every day, and don't get vacation, and don't have roommates OR air conditioning I have had more fun than I can remember having any other summer. There have definitely been ups and downs and some drama along the way but that's kind of what makes things memorable. I'm so glad I found my "summer crew"-- it makes all the difference in the world and I can't wait to carry this fun into the fall, winter and beyond (yup, they're stuck with me)

No comments:

Post a Comment